Tuesday, June 14, 2011

T-minus 3 and counting...

Hey everyone! First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this, it means a lot to me. I am excited about this trip like I've never been excited before. I might have told some of you this already, but it feels like the rush you get while sitting at the front of a roller coaster right before it crests over that first big hill. You can see it coming and you get that huge rush, but it hasn't yet started hurtling forward. Right now feels like that one still, breathless moment.

This fundraising process has been absolutely incredible. Thank you to everyone who's contributed in any way, this outpouring of support has seriously changed the way I think about my Father, and it's been refreshing beyond words. 

Now, to the main point of this blog: this will be a record of my time and experiences while I'm away. Because I won't have regular access to the internet, this will be updated about every week to two weeks. I'm in the process of setting up some sort of email list to let you know when I've updated, but don't expect daily posts. 

A couple notes before I sign off. Since I will be in East Asia for a while, I will almost never post specifics about anything. I promise, this isn't to frustrate you. This is for security's sake, for my sake, the students and staff who are going, the workers already there, and for the sake of those who we will meet. 

I'm so psyched, you guys. 

Grace and peace be with you all,

-Gordon